Professional Women Photographers Juried Call for Entry
Award Amount: $200 to $1,000 plus goodies
Deadline: September 30th, 2013
- Juried call for entry is only open to women.
- $35 entry fee for three images for non-members / $25 for three images for members. Additional images may be submitted for $10 each.
- The mission for the PWP (Professional Women Photographers) is to advance women in photography. (Advance! Go!)
- Grand prize receives $1,000 , a Datacolor Spyder4PRO color calibration system and SpyderCube raw calibration tool, a cover on IMPRINTS Magazine, the online exhibition and exhibition catalog.
- Four first prizes in each category (see below) receive #500, plus a Datacolor SpyderCHECKR PRO camera calibration system with their images in IMPRINTS magazine, online exhibition and exhibition catalog.
- Four second prizes receive $300 and their selected images will be in IMPRINTS Magazine, online exhibition and exhibition catalog.
- Four third prizes receive $200 and their selected images will be in IMPRINTS Magazine, online exhibition and exhibition catalog.
- The four categories are: portraiture, fine art, daily life and culture, and iPhoneography.
- To apply, you must create an account and apply for the call using their online submission platform.
- Keep note of their nitty-gritty requirements for image submissions:
– 72 DPI JPEG files, no larger than 2 MB.
– Longest side should be 1280 pixels, 7 or 8 bit, RGB format.
– Filenames should start with last name, first initial, and the name of the file. ex: Daddy_G_Hi.jpg
– Your file name should not exceed 25 characters, not counting .jpg, and do not include characters #, $, & or periods because it’ll fuck up their image database.
– Your image title can’t exceed 40 characters and the image title is the name of the artwork and not the filename itself.
- Follow these meticulous directions so they’ll like you more for actually following instructions.