Career Opportunity Support Grants / Ford Family Foundation
Award Amount: $300 to $1,500
Deadline: December 2nd, 2013 at 5:00 PM
- The Career Opportunity Grants through the Oregon Arts Commission seeks to support individual artists by enabling them to take advantage of unique opportunities to advance their career through the development of arts, business or professional skills; expanded marketing capacity and/or the further development of the nature or quality of their artwork.
- Things the grant will support: travel costs, professional fees such as photographic documentation, equipment rental, materials for a project, shipping costs for an exhibition or basically anything that helps your professional development.
- The deadline is December 2nd for the start date of support on February 1st, 2014 to January 31st, 2015.
- You must be over 18, an Oregon resident for one year, and have not received funding from the Oregon Arts Commission.
- Your award amount will depend on your artistic merit, career impact and your prepared budget.
- The application is available through the Oregon Arts Commission online platform and requires:
– Budget form (on application)
– “Narrative” which is a personal essay
– Artist resume or bio (no more than two pages)
– Work samples (upload through online platform)
– Support materials (documentation of costs for budgeting, registration forms, invitations for exhibitions, shipping cost estimates, whatever backs you up to get this grant!)